Saturday, November 18, 2017

Elizabeth of York: A Tudor Queen and Her World by Alison Weir

Image result for elizabeth of york by alison weir

Good Evening everybody! 

Soooooo.... I know in my last post that I said I would be getting another of Philippa Gregory's books to do my next review, but I couldn't resist the urge to learn more about Elizabeth of York. I have attempted to read one of Alison Weir's books years ago about Elizabeth I, but I was in school at the time and was unable to finish it. ***Possible future read!!!*** So I found her book on Elizabeth of York and thought I would give it a try. 

Unlike Gregory's novels, Weir's books are nonfiction and contain far more facts and research based information. While I appreciate Gregory's novels very much, I do like to know more about the truth of what happened. As I am not done with Weir's book I won't be giving away too much of what I am learning yet, but I can tell you that I have been writing notes like crazy. 

This book is full of great information and I have even ventured back into my college days when I did my thesis paper on the roles of queens versus wives. In that paper I actually focused on a different British Queen, Mary II. My inner history geek went crazy when I read about the similarities between Elizabeth of York and Mary II. I am really excited to find my final thesis paper and fill in some new information that I have accumulated. I will try and share my paper with you all. 😄

But I do have to confess that although I have continued my interest of Elizabeth of York, I DID end of picking up another Philippa Gregory book: The King's Curse. Needless to say, I am SUPER excited to dive into one of her books again. Have you read it?! Let me know what you thought, but don't give too much away just yet! That will be for my review!!! 😉

So for now, I will leave it there and get back to Elizabeth of York! See you all soon! Bye for now. 
~Courtney


No comments: