Monday, April 3, 2017

Welcome!

Hi all!

So, if you are reading this blog you are somewhat interested in Queens from history. I LOVE learning new information about the different roles queens have played as regents or consorts, lifestyles of queens, their relationships with men (lovers, husbands, advisors, etc), their struggles, the victories, etc. I decided to create this blog not only to share the love I have for researching queens, but to also learn from other people out there about things I have not learned. I am not an expert by any means, I simply like to share and write down my thoughts and findings. With that being said I hope you will take this journey with me to share and learn more about these amazing women.

I would like to share a little bit about myself. I am an educator. I work right now as an Interventionist in an elementary school. I work with small groups of children reading and writing. Hopefully, one day, I will be a full time teacher. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education as well as History and Social Sciences and I have a Master's Degree in Special Education. I owe my love for history from a professor I had in college. His class was one of those that everyone said not to take because he was ridiculously hard, but I thought he was amazing. From his class I decided to pursue a double major and take history classes to "liven up" my school schedule so it wasn't all education classes. Other historical topics that I love to research are the Holocaust, World War II from different countries' perspectives (Britain, U.S., Germany, France, Italy, etc), American Revolution, Tudor England, Victorian England, the British monarchy, and anything that involves Britain really.

My hopes for this blog is to share my thoughts on the histories of queens. I will be focusing a lot of time on queens from England, obviously. However, I will be looking at queens from other countries because some of them played vital roles in the reigns of British monarchs. For instance, I have an interest in Mary, Queen of Scots and her mother-in-law Catherine de Medici, Queen of France. Not only will I be sharing my thoughts on different queens, but I would also like to hear from others out there who share an interest in these topics. I love to hear about other books that other people have fall in love with, documentaries that are informative but also enjoyable, and any other media that others fancy. I hope to be able to review some television series that have been coming out as well (ones such as "Reign" and "The White Queen" are high on my list).

So here we go! Let's get started!!!

My husband and I on our honeymoon! 2014 Guess that place!!!

No comments: